Lonsec Retire... investment intelligence for retirement
Lonsec Retire is a central point of access for objectives-based retirement portfolio construction innovation and thought leadership, giving financial advisers the tools and strategies to provide better retirement solutions for their clients.
We offer a comprehensive service to subscribers across three advice modules - Research, Solutions and Industry Panel.
Our strategic insights into the issues surrounding financial planning for retirees
Practical retirement solutions for financial advisers, from objectives-based modelling tools to model portfolios
A select range of insights from thought leaders within the retirement space
The Industry Panel brings together a select range of thought leaders who specialise in retirement strategies and advice. Recent contributions from the Panel include:
- IML Portfolio Manager Michael O'Neill discusses whether Australian banks warrant a high weighting in investors' portfolios going forward.
- Invesco explores the issues and challenges associated with longevity risk and sequencing risk for retirees.
- Challenger discusses the challenges and opportunities presented to advisers by the MyRetirement framework.
- SSgA analyses the impact currency movement can have on international equity investments and how potential losses can be mitigated.
- Plato Investment Management discusses the fundamental importance of yield to total return and how to develop a truly global income offering for clients.
- AB discusses the need to focus on income investing solutions in retirement.
- BT Investment Management puts recent market swings into perspective and discusses some of the many benefits that staying invested for the longer term can bring.
Lonsec Retire is excited to announce the launch of its Goals Based Analysis (GBA) tool for financial advisers.
By considering your client’s future behavioural, economic and investment factors, GBA helps forecast likely outcomes, giving your client confidence in their current retirement strategy or allowing them to consider remodelling their strategy in case the future’s looking less bright than they anticipated.
Perspective: Mortality Credits—A Primer
Mortality credits are a potentially valuable source of return for longer-lived retirees. They rely on pooling between survivors and other investors, such as those who surrender their contract or those who die early.
This paper analyses the potential mortality credits available in a range of annuity products, and illustrates the importance of understanding annuity product features, such as liquidity conditions, as these have a material impact on investor returns.
The Age Pension Series
From an Australian perspective, the age pension is perhaps the most important consideration for retirees and is in many ways the perfect retirement income product. Surprisingly, it is largely neglected when detailed analysis of client outcomes are considered.
The Age Pension Series looks at the dynamics of the age pension within an Australian context and assesses the implications for retirement planning and associated strategies.
Retirement Chart Pack
The Chart Pack can be used with clients to discuss common concepts relating to retiree financial planning.
Topics covered include sequencing risk, longevity risk, the tradeoff between longevity and certainty, objectives based portfolio construction and stages of the investment lifecycle.
Retirement Lifestyle Portfolios
The Retirement Lifestyle Portfolios are objectives based portfolios focusing on delivering a sustainable level of income in retirement, as well as generating capital growth.
Three portfolios have been constructed to provide advisers flexibility in terms of meeting retirees' income and capital objectives, which will vary depending on individual circumstances and lifestyle goals.